Eco industrial park program organized by Unido aims to change industrial areas in Indonesia into environmentally friendly industrial areas. There are many efforts to realize the eco industrial park program, one of which is social indicators. Social indicators are statistical time series that are “used to monitor the social system, helping to identify changes and to guide intervention to alter the course of social change”. Through the implementation of social indicators for industrial estates, the social objectives can be more clearly defined of which can construct, the process of data collection to measure and monitor social results and assess and report progress. Reporting includes both internal reports that assess and improve decision making and external reports that demonstrate whether social objectives are being achieved.
Within the framework of the Global Eco-Industrial Parks Programme (GEIPP)
in Developing and Transition Countries currently implemented by UNIDO and funded by the Government of Switzerland through its State Secretariat of Economic Affairs, this Project–the GEIPP Indonesia Country Level Intervention–will address the development of eco-industrial parks in Indonesia. Through the cooperation with Ministry of Industry, GEIPP programme will support the implementation of capacity building series for industrial parks and tenant SMEs to meet international standards and requirements, that includes social indicator to meet all of the eco industrial park minimum requirements. The social benefits deriving from EIP activities can catalyze the creation of quality local jobs through better working conditions.
This workshop on Implementation of social indicator for eco industrial park
is planned to be held for several industrial parks to increase knowledge and further raise awareness on Eco Industrial Park (EIP) and to further explain Position of Social Issues in Sustainable Development, Social issues in the Eco industrial framework, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Social concern in its application in industrial areas, Regulations and Policies and Management of Social Problems in Industrial Areas, Identify social problems and develop programs for industrial areas, Challenges in managing social problems, and Measuring the Benefits of Managing Social Issues.
2. Objectives and expected outcomes of the workshop
The objectives of Workshop on Social Indicator in Eco-Industrial Parks (EIP) are:
- Creating awareness, the important social issue management in sustainable development in industrial park
- Creating understanding of knowing parameter and social indicators in EIP
- Discussing relevant key regulations and policies for social issue in industrial park
- Identifying potential social programmes from EIP
- Learning case studies and success stories from the implementation of proper management of social aspect Eco Industrial Park
The workshop will be conducted virtually by using the zoom platform.
Date : Thursday, 18 November 2021
Time : 13:00 – 16:30 WIB
Link to join virtual workshop : Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 815 4577 9203
Before entering the webinar room, please pay attention to the following:
- Participants are expected to set their username (or can change their names while in the call) in the following format [Organization/Company]-[Name].
- Participants are expected to enter the workshop zoom room 10 minutes before the workshop begins.
4. Workshop Material: Social Indicator
Workshop material will be shared with the registered participants before the workshop (one day in advance) so that they may go through the presentations/material before the workshop. The link to access the material will be shared with the registered email addresses of the participants.
Participantsin this training are OPEN Including but not limited to:
- GEIPP Industrial park PartnerBATAMINDO and MM2100 and tenants
- Other Industrial Parks
- All relevant stakeholders
Workshop on Improving Social Performance of IPs in Indonesia
|13.00 – 13.15
|13.15 – 13.30
– Speech from GEIPP Programme in Indonesia, Mr. Salil Dutt (Chief Technical Advisor-UNIDO)
– Opening Speech from Mr. Adi Pandiangan (Director of Industrial Region)
|13.30 – 13.40
|| Brief on Event Schedule
|13.40 – 14.00
||Industrial Relations, Ms. Julia Lusiani
|14.00 – 14.45
||1. Position of Social Issues in Sustainable Development
2. Social issues in the Eco industrial Park framework, LCA and GRI
3. Social concern in its application in industrial areas
4. Overview of Regulations and Policies and Management of Social Problems in Industrial Estates
|14.45 – 15.00
||UNIDO & ICPC
||1. Identify social problems and develop programs, for industrial areas
2. Case Study Challenges and success stories Managing social problems
3. Measuring the Benefits of Managing Social Issues
|16.00 – 16.30
||Discussion and wrap up
7. Trainer and facilitator
- Jessica Hanafi
- M Denny Fardhan
- Sunita Dasman
- Vionita Permana
8. Registration/Nomination for Participation
Please confirm your attendance by fill out the online registration form at https://forms.gle/zEQEnVzDxLjr4Dnz5
and for further information, you may contact Ms. Sasha by email at: S.USMAINI@unido.org
/ or WA ONLY: +62-81219504765.